On the question of how to wear pearls, the answer is one - with dignity! There is no other option for pearls. It must subtly emphasize the beauty, give the appearance of nobility and sophistication, and not hint at tastelessness and vulgarity
- "The Choker". Three or more strings of pearls, 30 cm long, wrapped around the neck.
Place: ideal for evening outfits.
- "Under the throat". A string of pearls of classical length 35-42 cm lies above the line of the clavicles, almost under the throat.
Place: for work, for going out to a restaurant or in daily life.
- "A princess". A string of pearls of medium length 42-47 cm lies below the line of the clavicles.
Place: at work, visiting restaurant.
- "Matine". In translation means "morning reception". A string of pearls 50-60 cm in length.
Place: for semi-official and official afternoon meetings.
- "Opera". A string of pearls 70-90 cm long. The thread with pearls more than 7 mm in diameter is especially appreciated.
Place: at work, visiting restaurant, in everyday life.
- "Rope". Very long string of pearls 90-120 cm. Favorite length of Coco Chanel.
Place: In everyday life, perhaps in the evening...
Storage and use of silver jewelry
There are a few simple recommendations that will help preserve the beauty of jewelry and avoid the need for thorough cleaning:
June Birthstone: Amazing Alexandrite
Alexandrite is perhaps one of the rarest and most mysterious gemstones on the marketplace today. This exotic gemstone was first discovered in 1834 in the Ural Mountains in Russia and named after the Russian tsar Alexander II.
Save $10 on Purchase Over $60 with Google Checkout
Starting August 11, 2009 4PM PST, if you use Google Checkout, you can get $10 off your purchase of $60 or more! This Back to School promotion is directly from Google, so we are passing the savings to our customers.
Summer Jewelry Trends 2009: Must Have Accessories
Summer is here and I am sure that you have already done away with the sweaters, wool blazers and heavy coats. Now is the time to break out your softer pieces: flowy chiffon, soft cottons and lightweight tunics. Summer is wonderful time for bright colors in clothing and jewelry.
The History of Valentine’s Day
Every year, on February 14th, millions of people send special cards, jewelries, flowers and candy to people they care about. It’s an ancient holiday that has become synonymous with love. Actually, the entire month of February has long been associated with romance.