On the question of how to wear pearls, the answer is one - with dignity! There is no other option for pearls. It must subtly emphasize the beauty, give the appearance of nobility and sophistication, and not hint at tastelessness and vulgarity
- "The Choker". Three or more strings of pearls, 30 cm long, wrapped around the neck.
Place: ideal for evening outfits.
- "Under the throat". A string of pearls of classical length 35-42 cm lies above the line of the clavicles, almost under the throat.
Place: for work, for going out to a restaurant or in daily life.
- "A princess". A string of pearls of medium length 42-47 cm lies below the line of the clavicles.
Place: at work, visiting restaurant.
- "Matine". In translation means "morning reception". A string of pearls 50-60 cm in length.
Place: for semi-official and official afternoon meetings.
- "Opera". A string of pearls 70-90 cm long. The thread with pearls more than 7 mm in diameter is especially appreciated.
Place: at work, visiting restaurant, in everyday life.
- "Rope". Very long string of pearls 90-120 cm. Favorite length of Coco Chanel.
Place: In everyday life, perhaps in the evening...
August Birthstone: Precious Peridot
Peridot is a light green gemstone that emits an alluring glow of vibrant color. The gemstone is considered the modern birthstone for the month of August and its popularity is increasing in the United States. Peridot is also known as a variety of olivine that has gemstone qualities. It is the only gemstone that has been found in...
Joolwe.com Announces the Selfless Woman Award Winners of 2010
Joolwe.com likes to keep members of our community up to date on jewelry designers, industry news and people who look at jewelry as an important part of their everyday lives. We would like to introduce you to Diane Danielson, founder of www.womensdish.com. Her website focuses on women’s issues such as career advice, finances, fashion and...
Save $5 on Purchase Over $50 with Google Checkout
Starting Febuarary 2, 2009 4PM PST, if you use Google Checkout, you can get $5 off your purchase of $50 or more! This valentine promotion is directly from Google, so we are passing the savings to our customers.
The combination of stones in jewelry by “appearance”
In addition, there is a system for selecting jewelry depending on the combination of colors and shades of the skin, eyes and the hair of people: well-known system of four color types: "winter", "spring", "summer" and "autumn".
January Birthstone: Garnet
The garnet is the official birthstone for the month of January as named by the American National Association of Jewelers in 1912. It can also be given as a milestone gem on the second and sixth anniversaries. These scintillating gemstones come in a gorgeous array of colors including orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black and...