On the question of how to wear pearls, the answer is one - with dignity! There is no other option for pearls. It must subtly emphasize the beauty, give the appearance of nobility and sophistication, and not hint at tastelessness and vulgarity
- "The Choker". Three or more strings of pearls, 30 cm long, wrapped around the neck.
Place: ideal for evening outfits.
- "Under the throat". A string of pearls of classical length 35-42 cm lies above the line of the clavicles, almost under the throat.
Place: for work, for going out to a restaurant or in daily life.
- "A princess". A string of pearls of medium length 42-47 cm lies below the line of the clavicles.
Place: at work, visiting restaurant.
- "Matine". In translation means "morning reception". A string of pearls 50-60 cm in length.
Place: for semi-official and official afternoon meetings.
- "Opera". A string of pearls 70-90 cm long. The thread with pearls more than 7 mm in diameter is especially appreciated.
Place: at work, visiting restaurant, in everyday life.
- "Rope". Very long string of pearls 90-120 cm. Favorite length of Coco Chanel.
Place: In everyday life, perhaps in the evening...
Kanye West Disrespects Joolwe.com
By now, you most likely have heard about hip hop artist Kanye West’s antics during last Sunday night’s MTV’s VMA awards.
How to Cool Off Your Look for Summer
Ahhh….the lazy days of Summer. Our clothing is getting lighter, we tend to show more skin and the choices for accessories are getting bolder. This season is a great time to experiment with different accessory looks, bold color schemes and brazen designs. It’s about to get really hot…so, here are a few ideas for jewelry that will keep...
Summer Jewelry Trends 2009: Must Have Accessories
Summer is here and I am sure that you have already done away with the sweaters, wool blazers and heavy coats. Now is the time to break out your softer pieces: flowy chiffon, soft cottons and lightweight tunics. Summer is wonderful time for bright colors in clothing and jewelry.
Joolwe Selfless Woman Jewelry Award Honorable Mentions
Joolwe.com would like to congratulate our Joolwe Selfless Woman Jewelry Award winners Juanita Butler, Dr. Rachel Ruotolo, Lana Noone, Whitney Johnson and Roberta Hershon. We received so many emails from the public telling us the heartwarming stories of women who dedicate their lives to helping others.
Jewelry Interview with Ungenita Provost of Ungenita’s Beauty Blog
It’s time for another interview with a fellow blogger, fashionista and jewelry lover. We at Joolwe.com like to talk with other bloggers about anything and everything that has to do with jewelry and fashion and share it with the Joolwe community.